Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNWMF 2015 Presents: Festival Emcees

Posted by Daniel 
SNWMF 2015 Presents: Festival Emcees
May 14, 2015 06:31PM
Re: SNWMF 2015 Presents: Festival Emcees
May 14, 2015 08:29PM
HAHAHAHA! One of those emcee choices made me laugh out loud!
May 14, 2015 11:57PM
Rossta has to be there now!
May 15, 2015 03:11AM
It seems like less MC's which I like but I will miss the home town flavor of mr. irie Dole. I really hope he performs as a festival dj with the rest of JWS.
May 15, 2015 03:22PM
I was actually really happy that Dole was not an emcee this year, he is a bit annoying and sadly you have to hear his annoying voice at every festival. I like Marko, always smiling and happy and a great guy to boot! He would get my vote each and every time.
May 15, 2015 03:57PM
irie dole's set before shaggy last year was the abolute best dj set i've heard at snwmf. i've tried
to get a tape of it with no luck.
May 15, 2015 04:35PM
Rossta
I was actually really happy that Dole was not an emcee this year, he is a bit annoying and sadly you have to hear his annoying voice at every festival. I like Marko, always smiling and happy and a great guy to boot! He would get my vote each and every time.

Huh? I think Dole does a great job. I will be missing him this year.
May 15, 2015 04:42PM
Forward Irie Dole everytime!!!! I for one am dissapointed not to see him on the MC list..
May 15, 2015 04:47PM
The festival has featured 4 emcees since as long as I can remember. Regrettably Irie Dole is unable to attend this year. As many of you know, he relocated to Hawaii a few years ago. He will be missed but we are very pleased that Sweet-T will be presenting some of the artists this year. You can hear her program "Rocksteady Reggae Radio" every Thursday night from 7-10pm on FccFreeRadio.com
May 15, 2015 04:51PM
To each there own, I find the guy annoying, pretty simple.
May 15, 2015 06:57PM
mulligan
irie dole's set before shaggy last year was the abolute best dj set i've heard at snwmf. i've tried

Hey, something we agree on Mulligan! Best DJ set I'd heard in quite sometime. Let us know if find a recording. See, there is always a light at the end of a dark tunnel!
May 15, 2015 07:44PM
Yeah - that was a seriously good set huge JWS. I actually enjoyed it better than Shaggy's performance, but that's another story.

BIG BIG UP to Spliff! That man lives breathes and loves music!!
May 15, 2015 10:23PM
'To each there own, I find the guy annoying, pretty simple'

It's "their own"..

Dude!!! What are you talking about?!? Irie Dole is a sick DJ and his voice is just fine!!! He's loved around these parts by many, being that he is local (even though he relocated to HI). Maybe you're thinking of the other JWS DJ, King I-Vier, who tends to yell during and between selections....
May 15, 2015 10:40PM
Don't have a problem with him as a dj if he doesn't open his mouth, his selections are good but his voice bugs me, why is that so hard to understand. I know who Dole is, I even know him personally, having met him last summer behind the scenes at ROTR, just don't care for him as an emcee. He is a great guy, and I am happy most like him. Love how you tried to belittle me with grammar, sorry but that stuff don't matter to me. I also know plenty of others who do not care for him as an emcee or a dj. People have different opinions on things, everyone is different. when you see and hear the same emcee and djs at all the festivals it gets old. you run into them backstage, you hear them on stage and all I said is I was grateful this year for once there is a change as I personally do not care for him as an emcee. GEEZ you guys. LOL

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2015 11:04PM by Rossta.
May 16, 2015 02:13AM
Junor has been my favorite MC at SNWMF for a bit now...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
May 18, 2015 08:25PM
@ Rossta, my sincerest apologies for my self-righteous reply to your post...I was having a bad day and I was not trying to belittle you at all. I fell right into the trap that so many people seem to be falling into these days in the world...tryin to prove they are right, no matter what, and putting people down.

Yes, different strokes for different folks with regards to the DJs and emcees...

Blessed Love to you.
May 18, 2015 09:09PM
JosephDaniel
@ Rossta, my sincerest apologies for my self-righteous reply to your post...I was having a bad day and I was not trying to belittle you at all. I fell right into the trap that so many people seem to be falling into these days in the world...tryin to prove they are right, no matter what, and putting people down.

Yes, different strokes for different folks with regards to the DJs and emcees...

Blessed Love to you.

Best post I've seen her in a while. I salute you sir
May 18, 2015 10:25PM
Large UP Sweet T

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
May 19, 2015 02:57AM
Junior Francis for me is hands down the best Mc of this festival, (been going to all the major Festivals on the West since 93ish). He always comes with an infectious energy and wit that most other's do not compare to, he always brings a positive light and makes you look forward to the upcoming show.
May 19, 2015 12:16PM
GlobalMeds707
mulligan

Hey, something we agree on Mulligan! Best DJ set I'd heard in quite sometime. Let us know if find a recording. See, there is always a light at the end of a dark tunnel!

I thought DJ Green B played the set right before Shaggy came on??

respect
May 19, 2015 08:07PM
JosephDaniel, thank you so very much for your heartfelt message, very genuine and I understand 100% where you are coming from. To be honest I should have just kept my post to myself. No need to share that I don't care for a DJ, that is something that I can keep to myself to help this phorum stay positive. I apologize myself for my negative post.

See you in June hopefully.
May 21, 2015 06:40PM
Bless, thanks for the message back Rossta! I would love to meet up at the fest this year! Your name is Tyler, right?
My Queen and I will be attending again this year...we will be camping at andersen valley brewery....

Jah Bless and 1 Love, Joe
May 21, 2015 09:10PM
Yes sir! I am Tyler, hoping me and my queen can make it but I sold my company this year and am not my own boss anymore. Love the company I merged with but I am unsure of asking for time off in my first year. If I can make it I will reach out to you and see if we can meet up for some fun reasoning.

Thanks Joe!
May 25, 2015 09:23PM
I agree with Octagon....Junior Francis best!....Who will replace Doug Green's long drawn-out ramble monologues?
June 18, 2015 02:54PM
BooOOOMM SHOOOTTT! winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login