Is Bunny losing it?
December 08, 2011 01:35AM
[wailerslegacy.blogspot.com]

At least he's blogging......
Re: Is Bunny losing it?
December 08, 2011 01:39AM
BIG UP BUNNY

ONLY THING I CAN SAY IS PRESSURE BUSS PIPE,
WE DONT KNOW THE STORY BEHIND THE MUSIC.
December 08, 2011 03:42AM
Greetings,
Honorably, please consider renaming the title of the thread, out of respect; seen...

Credit where the Credit is Due**
Jah Love!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2011 03:58AM by IYah_Trod.
December 08, 2011 05:26AM
Bunny lost it already. Seems like he's trying to get a likkle bit back.
December 08, 2011 05:53AM
profound word sound. that video hold some power*
December 08, 2011 11:14AM
Rita poisoning Bobs food?....
December 08, 2011 02:28PM
wowie zowie
December 08, 2011 03:22PM
Please consider not changing the name of the thread. seems appropriate enough. seen
December 08, 2011 04:41PM
Guess Mr. Livingstone would not wish to eat a dish from Miz Rita's kitchenfeeling red smiley
December 08, 2011 07:24PM
This happens with Jamaican Rastas, yes? Things other people would consider extreme or off the wall is standard fare for some Rastas...bigging up Hitler, Confederate flags, aliens, conspiracy, etc. Just some of my own observations based on personal experience.

Peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2011 07:26PM by J_72.
December 08, 2011 09:24PM
ganja psychosis can be a very real thing
December 08, 2011 09:26PM
Voice of Reason

True...
December 09, 2011 12:01AM

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
December 09, 2011 12:16AM
Poisoning is a common form of revenge in Jamaica. Of course, I can't say what is true or not, but my feeling is Bunny is not crazy and there is probably some truth, if not full reality in his interpretations of what happened. Bunny has wanted to get this story out for a long time. He once was working on a book with Roger Steffens called Old Firesticks. There was a falling out. Since that time, Bunny has considered various avenues to tell his story.
December 09, 2011 12:40AM
Chimino
Voice of Reason

True...

i actually find him very well spoken for someone who i have heard is 'illiterate'
December 09, 2011 12:48AM
yes he is sharp and actually more on point than mr.blackwell in the interview, who you can tell has this very vague way of summarizing events/occurances, while bunny has a direct setting(i.e. '...on the roof', etc.) bunny is well phrased spoken and concise with his relation of the events and although the 100 million pound payday seems a little far-off in my opinion, he has undoubtedly been wronged as so many have in these corrupt runnings.

interesting to me the response from this board (ganja psychosis, 'bunny losing it') because the man does not 'type' or phrase his linguistics in the accepted 'western' syntax he is discounted as a raving lunatic.

i have no doubt that there was & has been some corrupt runnings between mr.blackwell and mrs.marley. it seems that their two respective dynasties have been the only to reap real sustainable wealth from the works of bm&w over the last 40 years and the rest have been muscled out of the way via the 'law-suit' and straight wicked dealings.
December 09, 2011 12:55AM
Nobody is saying that Bunny is stupid or didn't get a raw deal on many things... But to run around spouting conspiracy theories or, like Blackwell mentioned in that video, writing a letter to universal demanding $100 million dollars, it's not a stretch to say that he might not be playing with a full deck anymore. Insanity and stupidity are not the same thing, many geniuses are total nutjobs
December 09, 2011 01:42AM
blazeiyah
i have no doubt that there was & has been some corrupt runnings between mr.blackwell and mrs.marley. it seems that their two respective dynasties have been the only to reap real sustainable wealth from the works of bm&w over the last 40 years and the rest have been muscled out of the way via the 'law-suit' and straight wicked dealings.

Noticed your point myself, more than once over the years. The former Miz Anderson's malfeasance regarding the estate of her late husband are legendary(AND DOCUMENTED), & has been discussed here quite often. I've always been amazed there are still defenders of Rita at this late date...outside of those on her payroll, that is.

Regarding Sista Irie's comments: my impression was the Bunny bio being done by Mr. Steffens and Leroy Pierson(both traveled to JA in pursuit of research commissioned by Bunny, by the way) came to an abrupt halt after the agreement reached in the late 90s between him, Rita, & Blackwell. Draw your own conclusions; now it seems Mr. Livingstone is again feeling muscled out, and is now saying again what he had been heard to say in the 90s, when he suddenly cease any comments in this regard, or criticism regarding Bob's widow.

By the by, how many of y'all ever heard his fine 45, 'False Beneficiaries'?? It was available for about a day or so---I believe it only had a single 45 run, and then was never heard from again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2011 01:46AM by papa ray.
December 09, 2011 03:22AM
IYah_Trod
Greetings,
Honorably, please consider renaming the title of the thread, out of respect; seen...

Credit where the Credit is Due**
Jah Love!

i noticed bunny and sizzla have the same cadence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2011 03:22AM by bigvein.
December 09, 2011 01:40PM
I can only say Roger Steffens was not a fan of Rita in any capacity. He once told me the background of what happened with the book, however, I have since forgotten and would not fill in details without his permission. My experience though is Roger is more than happy to discuss it. Again, though, there are competing agendas for many of the people who are in the mix.

I would love to see Bunny at SNWMF. I saw him at RALAK (Rastafarian Ancient Living Arts and Kulcha) two years ago with Damian and Stephen. The show was truly out of this world. Bunny helped financially support the festival held in Black Mountain North Carolina because of it's focus on Rastafari heritage. It was small and included an all day "reasoning" in a small barn on the festival grounds.

Here are some photos from that festival:

December 09, 2011 02:32PM
Great photos Sista Irie!
One Love
December 09, 2011 07:21PM
Bunny was tighter than tight at Sierra in 2007, and his band more than ably backed the great Bob Andy that year.

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
December 09, 2011 07:35PM
Bring back Bunny and Bob (Andy that is) I say.....
December 09, 2011 07:46PM
To clarify- I never said Bunny was crazy. I pointed out the fact that sometimes what seems crazy to general society is standard fare for Rasta, particularly from JA. I love Bunny, and was happy to see him at ROTR a few years back. Regarding poisoning, it got me thinking about Victor Yushchenko...

December 09, 2011 07:59PM
The Bunny Wailer performance in 2007 was my first day at SNWMF...and i haven't missed a day since. I'd love to see him there again, his band was on fire that night.

Love that reggae!
December 09, 2011 08:36PM
sadly can't even say respect due to the man for his place in the history of the golden age of reggae ... he bowed to the cares & concerns of this world beyond being a standard ja. womanizer he gone cravenous for underage girls ... it turn my stomach ... can't even listen to his classics no more or listen to his pompous religious pronouncements ... now we got this new crop of ja. gangsta rappers (oops i forgot they call themself reggae) & the next ones who corrupt the first intention of ras 'one love' 'natural mystic' into a sad paroday of rashole dogma religious fundamentaloid ... this whole sh*tola gone stale ... time for something new ... if this world still got the time before the reckoning
December 11, 2011 09:40PM
Well Mr. PeaceMakya, what does him being a womanizer have to do with him getting his money, Bob was also a womanizer, in case you forgot. With all due respect most our so called rasta artist is giving the rastaman a bad name. I only see a couple of man out there trodding a righteous path. The man did his work he should get paid cause without him and the other wailers you wouldnt even be typing on this forum right now. No disrespect bless.
December 12, 2011 05:56PM
long time now bunny was counciled that he was loosing his way ... he wouldn't listen & he got bottled off the stage at sting 20 year ago & he still wouldn't listen so the elders dodged him ... now to this day he gone even more in rebellion against the first 1luv natural mystic intention of reggae ... with pompous men--made dogma religiosity ... the $$ issue is the small of it ... the weightier issue is not the letter of the law but the spirit of the law ... too much of what is called reggae today has morphed into a circus act ... ja. gangsta rappers having the preposterous audacity to call themself reggae & too many culture singers gone under the influences of the same pompous dogmas as the misguided brother we speaking of - there is no fool like an old fool ... we can't say bring back sweet reggae music - those days is done - but we can say bring on something fresh because this iwah accelerating full-on into the reckoning ... r u tuning in ... r u ready

=> ps: reread previous post ... we ain't talking about simple womanizing ... do you get it?
December 13, 2011 04:55AM
i in no way condone any molester overt or covert & have never been a proponent of bunny wailer. in fact the root of this goes beyond bunny wailer and is being obfuscated by his own image & reputation.

the root of what was brought out whether delusional fabrication or truth is the evil that goes on in the business. & i am sure it is still running things to this day. he is not the first nor the last to bring forward some serious allegations regarding the integrity of the man mr.blackwell. check ijahman levi song regarding blackwell. the rat race is over. its about survival.
December 13, 2011 01:46PM
I wasn't surprised that Bunny or any roots reggae artist could be bottled at Sting. It is not a roots show and consciousness does (did) really have much of a place at that show.

The Wailer camp has been sadly fragmented for most of the years since the demise of Bob and Peter. Various fans and music associates picked their stories and sides. Whose to really know what is correct and not and how can anyone judge without that knowledge.

This is the first time I heard of Bunny and young women so I can't even give an opinion on that. What I do know- is Bob, Bunny, Peter and most of the Wailers have contributed to the success of reggae. I say look for the goodness in this history and let ray ray be ray ray.

And from my perspective (not disrespecting anyone else's opinion), there has always been a faction of 'reggae' music that represented gangster mentality. What remains historically legitimate is the foundation roots and conscious singers. The others seem to be a flame in the night. Until the youth are brought up to respect the conscious message of life, the gangsta mentality will remain a part of the industry.
December 13, 2011 02:11PM
*Peacemakeya- with pompous men--made dogma religiosity ...

So true. Thank You.

*Sis Irie- The Wailer camp has been sadly fragmented for most of the years since the demise of Bob and Peter.

I would say this is true for many strong personalities and their "inner circle".

*Sis Irie- The others seem to be a flame in the night.

"That's the definition of commitment- patience and persistence. People who are like fireworks, popping off right and left with lots of sound and sizzle, can capture a crowd, capture a lot of attention for a time, but I have to ask, where will they be at the end? Some battles are long and hard, and you have to have staying power. Firecrackers go off in a flash, then leave nothing but ashes. I prefer a pilot light- the flame is nothing fancy, but once it is lit, it doesn't go out. It burns steadily and it burns forever."

- Rep. John Lewis, Walking With the Wind: A Memoir of the Movement

Peace
December 15, 2011 06:04PM
kind of interesting to hear dreamland being played in the video

this is a song that bunny has claimed ownership for years for

too bad he didn't write the song

wonder what his feelings are for the original composers to the song ?
December 15, 2011 06:38PM
that quote is golden j_72*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login