Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT - Ron Paul, the only voice of reason?

Posted by strikkly 
OT - Ron Paul, the only voice of reason?
November 13, 2011 10:23PM
atleast in the Republican debates....

Re: OT - Ron Paul, the only voice of reason?
November 14, 2011 04:58PM
Only if you're a Libertarian.
November 14, 2011 05:37PM
the "voice of reason" bar is pretty damn low regarding republican'ts...
November 14, 2011 07:09PM
the "voice of reason" bar is pretty damn low regarding democrats...
November 14, 2011 07:37PM
oh really.....which agenda would you rather see in place? Democrat or republican't?
November 14, 2011 07:44PM
I'm not a democrat, republican, liberal, libertarian or any other label that want to put on me but I do agree with a lot of what Ron Paul has to say. Like his stance on these bull @#$%& wars we are in right now!
November 14, 2011 07:50PM
mulligan
oh really.....which agenda would you rather see in place? Democrat or republican't?

having to choose one of these two is part of the trick, they are just two sides of the same trick of divide and rule; they call democracy..it has been like this for sometime now. Some are hesitant to speak that, cause they fear being labelled cynical, or just an immature bystander calling potshots from the sidelines....

Ron Paul does speak the most relevant truths imo, particularly regarding war and economics...

Pledge Allegiance to the Spirit of Truth, see what kind of ridicule that will bring you..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2011 07:52PM by IYah_Trod.
November 14, 2011 07:58PM
Everyone has their own truths...and Ron Paul's don't intersect with mine very often. The problem with libertarianism is it only deals with problems that come up afterwards....it doesn't prevent them from happening in the first place. The kind of uncontrolled economy that Paul espouses would just widen that gulf between rich and poor even more. And the poor would have to suffer with more environmental damage, because we all know who lives in the polluted areas...... I listened to part of that republican debate last weekend, those people are scary stupid......

Love that reggae!
November 14, 2011 08:01PM
Here's a real voice of reason...

[www.youtube.com]

Peace
November 14, 2011 08:03PM
I agree that everyone has their own opinions, and that was a sad portrait of our political scene right now....
Personally, I am partial to the Theocratic order, and I recognize there is One True Spirit of Truth, in a house with many mansions. Jah Is One:
To the Samaritan Woman, Christ spoke:

“Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
John 4: 21-24
November 15, 2011 12:42AM
J_72
Here's a real voice of reason...

[www.youtube.com]

Peace

Yes.
November 15, 2011 06:42PM
Iyah Trod....If what you prefer is to live in a Taliban like State I have some land to sell you far from the rest of humanity. The problem with government is not the system, it is the hearts of men. It doesn't matter what System you set up if the people involved are crooked you will have a system that doesn't work for the whole but for the few. See Iran for details...the only theocratic Nation State on earth. The US is crooked, but as far as having the right to practice you own religion there is no other place you would want to be. I can assure you of this.
November 15, 2011 09:11PM
H.I.M. Haile Sellassie 1st - Prophecy

One of many.

'Namely that 'there will be a lasting peace only if the United States of America takes a hand in the moral leadership of the world'......"

Source - (Nov 1944) Rosicrucian Magazine / Worth While News.

Fiqir ena Selam
B.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2011 09:16PM by Iras.
November 16, 2011 12:51AM
Great Vid J
we were able to fix the hole in the Ozone....ill give the world credit on that!
but what im worried about is the melting of sea ice and permafrost in the artic areas due to rapid climate change....this stuff is real and happening faster than the worst case models we currently have...The artic region and melting of ice has big time effects on out temperature...massive feedbacks.
check this out..

November 16, 2011 01:38AM
Interesting video Gabertron. Maximum Raspect.

Cows are also responsible for a major percent of the world's greenhouse gases. A significant portion of these emissions come from methane, which, in terms of its contribution to global warming, is 23 times more powerful than carbon dioxide.

The U.S. Food and Agriculture Organization says that agricultural methane output could increase by 60 percent by 2030 [Source: Times Online]. The world's 1.5 billion cows and billions of other grazing animals emit dozens of polluting gases, including lots of methane.

Two-thirds of all ammonia comes from cows.

Cows emit a massive amount of methane through belching, with a lesser amount through flatulence. Statistics vary regarding how much methane the average dairy cow expels. Some experts say 100 liters to 200 liters a day (or about 26 gallons to about 53 gallons), while others say it's up to 500 liters (about 132 gallons) a day. In any case, that's a lot of methane, an amount that is often more than the pollution produced by a car in a day.

Fiqir ena Selam
B.
November 16, 2011 04:07AM
Ninja
Iyah Trod....If what you prefer is to live in a Taliban like State I have some land to sell you far from the rest of humanity. The problem with government is not the system, it is the hearts of men. It doesn't matter what System you set up if the people involved are crooked you will have a system that doesn't work for the whole but for the few. See Iran for details...the only theocratic Nation State on earth. The US is crooked, but as far as having the right to practice you own religion there is no other place you would want to be. I can assure you of this.

That is an interesting proposition Ninja, but I'll take a pass, Give Thanks. I happen to love humanity. I'm not down with war, nor the inequity of global economics. I'm not intending to address everyone of those points, as I'm not sure the utility of doing so. I will say, one should caution against painting such a negative image of Iran. I for one disagree wholeheartedly with the Zionists' (Israel if you want to call it) THEOCRATIC arrogance and consideration to attack Iran. This is a huge error. Unfortunately, USA has aligned themselves economically with Israel so much, that they have American politricksters by the gonads. This political "alignment" is so "anti" to the teachings if His Majesty. Though I wasn't alive at the time, it seems we are living in an age of appeasement, just like the times and actions that caused a failure of the League of Nations and the initiation of WWII. Ironic tragedy to the fullest!

I'm quite doubtful of what you are claiming to assure.

Its time to remove the scales from the eyes, and to balance the scales...One Love

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2011 04:11AM by IYah_Trod.
November 16, 2011 04:43AM
I prefer a secular, democratic government over a theocracy any day. I think religion is a personal thing, not a political/power thing.

Peace
November 16, 2011 05:41PM
Ron Paul is a voice of reason
November 16, 2011 05:49PM
November 17, 2011 05:28PM
!GOOD STUFF!
Paul, voice of reggae!
November 18, 2011 02:49PM
J_72
I prefer a secular, democratic government over a theocracy any day. I think religion is a personal thing, not a political/power thing.

Peace

+1 and then some. And theocracies, be it Sunni(Saudi Arabia), Shi'a(Iran), or The Vatican give me involuntary shudders and images of women being whipped by Taliban Morality Police...or some yahoo wishing to impose his view of the Deity on my life. No thanks iyah Trod, but lean theocratically as thou wish, as long as it isn't visited at my door.

As far as Paul: much of what I disagree w/ Paul is generational(in other words, I wish he was about 35 years or more younger; his version of libertarianism includes allowing government intrusion on women's privacy. There's also been some stupid/troubling remarks he's made regarding the races). When he speaks of wishing to dismantle the trappings &' appurtenances of American Empire', he's got my ear.
November 18, 2011 03:56PM
Slippery slope,not all theocracy is good, nor is all democracy bad. Either way, we should be careful not to run from darkness of bad policies or bad religion into further darkness. Over the last century in this country, that has been a common occurrence. Bad religion had many embracing the scientific secular view of the world, that said evolution was the standard, coupled with the absence of the Creator. Additionally, the women's liberation movement was also largely popular. Later on down the line, many where left scratching their heads when DNA guru James Watson on multiple occasions made "stupid/troubling remarks he's made regarding the races", concluding that Africans were less intellectually capable than Europeans etc etc. We can also look around and see the woman's movement wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Be honest. Family structure has collapsed across the board, and many are seeking spiritual paths to put the pieces back together.

If the call of the Minaret works towards the maintenance of a moral order, that is to be honored and respected. Personally, I'm partial to the Theocratic Order of the Christian Monarchy Championed by Haile Selassie I. We have to be careful that our steps are forward into the light, not the darkness because otherwise we will have to return to that point of where we got it wrong and get it right. Many want to grab and go, but the race is not for the swift, but for those that endure.
November 19, 2011 03:24PM
IYah_Trod
Slippery slope,not all theocracy is good, nor is all democracy bad. Either way, we should be careful not to run from darkness of bad policies or bad religion into further darkness. Over the last century in this country, that has been a common occurrence. Bad religion had many embracing the scientific secular view of the world, that said evolution was the standard, coupled with the absence of the Creator.

Ain't ever understood why the concept of evolution negates the reality of GOD---but I understand how it might tear down the little time-line playhouse of orthodoxy in some religions, Christianity included. So it goes----I can only imagine the likes of Jefferson & Franklin,after adjusting to the enormity of change since they trod the earth, thinking I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT BY NOW EVERYONE WOULD HAVE MOVED PAST SO MUCH RELIGIOUS SUPERSTITION...and as far as 'slippery slopes' religion has made waaaay too many fall down the mudless hill

Additionally, the women's liberation movement was also largely popular. Later on down the line, many where left scratching their heads when DNA guru James Watson on multiple occasions made "stupid/troubling remarks he's made regarding the races", concluding that Africans were less intellectually capable than Europeans etc etc. We can also look around and see the woman's movement wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Be honest. Family structure has collapsed across the board, and many are seeking spiritual paths to put the pieces back together.

???? As a full-fledged male, the 'womens movement' never fazed me a striking pound---and in some matters, I wish women around this here planet were MORE militant,when it comes to their personal rights and biology, education, and in certain religious cultures, what might be called 'arrogant presumptions of male supremacy'---which so often leads to strife & violence in general. Let's just say I'm surprised a lot of abusive men don't get poisoned after sitting down and taking their dinner, if you catch my drift. As far as 'family structure', I don't know about you, but the country I live in is very family-centric. As far as someone who takes a 'spiritual path'...if it points them towards the 8th Century and a backward-as*(IMO) world-view, it's not helpful, and merely sets the stage for the repitition of certain mistakes humans have repeated far too often.

If the call of the Minaret works towards the maintenance of a moral order, that is to be honored and respected. Personally, I'm partial to the Theocratic Order of the Christian Monarchy Championed by Haile Selassie I. We have to be careful that our steps are forward into the light, not the darkness because otherwise we will have to return to that point of where we got it wrong and get it right. Many want to grab and go, but the race is not for the swift, but for those that endure.

If the call of the Minaret, or the 700 Club, or The Church Of Rome is someone's stroke, fine----just don't impose it on me. Pesonally, I'm more amenabe to the historic/mystic reality of H.I.M. as a monarch than I am someone with the last name of Windsor, but if asked my religious persuasion, I'm a Devout Musican, who 6 decades of experiences and observations makes me lean to the advice an old junkie once gave to young people----If you're doing business with someone who starts talking about his religion while you're trying to strike a deal----what ever you do, GET IT IN WRITING.grinning smiley
November 19, 2011 04:24PM
politrickians - of all shades ... church authorities - of all demonations ... a set of fleas arguing about who owns the dog
November 19, 2011 05:06PM
Peacemakeya
politrickians - of all shades ... church authorities - of all demonations ... a set of fleas arguing about who owns the dog

Voltaire would approve of your summation.
November 20, 2011 12:19AM
Iyah Trod, your words are wise, although I agree with others about finding our own spiritual path. I grew up with zero religion in my life, and have only just started spiritual exploration the last few years starting in my late 30's. I'm a little behind, but luckily I have a lifetime of reggae listening for a firm foundation. smiling smiley
As far as the dualistic, left/right, Democrat/Republican, divide and rule mentality, I am very surprised more on here don't see through that outdated meme!
November 20, 2011 12:38AM
Reggabe, the frustrating thing for me is that people aren't really like that toward each other, its in politics where it seems to get so out of hand. Every fourth of july on our street we have a barbecue, and everyone on the street is invited and they all show up. We eat lunch and dinner, take naps in the middle. One family gets a jumpy house every year for the now teenage kids, and there are two new families this year with small children to carry on the traditions. This sort of gathering of the clan is what makes life good, and i couldn't tell you the political leanings of anyone else, because it never comes up. Faith, politics, these are the things that divide us, but us humans need each other and find great solace in each others presence and attention. After fifteen years of living here, my daughter one day exclaimed in front of the neighbors, 'I don't even know any republicans!' , only to find out that the neighbors were....

My point is that it doesn't have to be so divisive, it's the current tactics used, and compromise has been declared over for the tea party.

Love that reggae!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2011 01:35AM by nomotrouble.
November 20, 2011 01:28AM
Reggabe
I grew up with zero religion in my life, and have only just started spiritual exploration the last few years starting in my late 30's. I'm a little behind

I smiled when I read this because we seem to be a lot alike in exact opposite ways- I spent most of my life (literally) thinking about God, religion, spirituality, etc. and now, the last few years of my thirties, thinking in more secular terms about history, politics, etc.

Peace
November 20, 2011 07:48AM
Reggabe:
Give Thanks for the kind words. InI are of the same age range and generation. I have spent the majority of I life questioning the existence I was born into and now, just as d I, I am just at one point along the Journey. I Give Thanks for life and have plenty to learn, as well as continued need for humility and grace. Nevertheless, I will testify for length of days regarding the Good that Jah has done for I, and I love the reggae foundation sameway! Keep pushin up the levels. Iron Sharpen Iron!

Papa Ray:
True that, there really shouldn't’t be an issue reconciling change through time (evolution) with the existence of the Almighty Creator as co-occurring realities; however, the adoption of the theory of evolution has frequently come with the dismissal of the Creator’s existence. It seems that the issue is politicized, thereby perpetuating the artificial division of concepts. >>>Regarding time, this is an issue that is relative. The scientific radiocarbon dating scheme is calibrated to atmospheric conditions prior to man’s testing of atomic bombs, because it is acknowledged that atomic bomb testing has altered atmospheric C-14 levels. Now if man can alter those levels thereby skewing the dating calibration curve, its one heck of an assumption that some cosmic or geologic even of the past could NOT have altered the C-14 curve at some other point in time. Hence, regardless of a billion year or thousand year scale, time is relative. Seems the sequence is more informative than the the absolute date.

Regarding women’s lib, “women’s movement”: I man personally am all about equal rights and justice, and I seek to honor and respect the woman and the divine feminine energy. Still, that “movement” has prooved to be an enslaving force just as much as it has a liberating force. Talk about a slippery slope! United States census data clearly shows the propensity of “working single mother homes” in this county, so I am not sure what kind of “family centric” connotations that suggests. As far as women’s rights, the MOST striking example that is largely ignored by the world was the fact that the King and Queen were crowned same time. With Empress Menen, this was a historical first! Seems worthy of consideration, even in this “secular” society (by the way, who are we referencing when we say “In God We Trust”?).

Truly, a virtuous woman is among one of the Most Beautiful sites in Creation. As a General rule, when we humble ourselves we are exalted, and when we exalt ourselves we are humbled. A woman of virtue that takes pride in her Righteous Position set by the Most High is elevated to the highest of levels. The “antithesis” to this may be the “feminazi” (in extreme cases!).

Lastly, I agree that business done amongst men needs to be weighed and measured upon said persons individual character and integrity, and NOT the religion that they proclaim. Yes indeed!

Respect*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2011 07:59AM by IYah_Trod.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login