Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When the roll is called...

Posted by Stamina! 
When the roll is called...
July 24, 2010 09:16PM
...will you be there?
Sunday, Aug. 1st, 6:30 pm, Monterey County Fairgrounds...

Re: When the roll is called...
July 24, 2010 10:03PM
when the roll is called of your love, I will be there!

Great album and great music Herb!
July 24, 2010 11:05PM
If I had the money for a ticket, you know I would be there Herb! What a treat for all those who attend. The Rastafarians have and always will be in my top 3 reggae bands- big influence in my youth.

Peace
July 24, 2010 11:20PM
I'll be there. R.R. let me down, I hope mbayreggaefest doesn't.
July 25, 2010 01:49AM
Herb, Who will the band be???
That is the question....rasta smiley
July 25, 2010 04:00AM
let's just say, in the past I've opted out of "Rastafarians" reunion shows that haven't included both Maskel and Shakaman...
July 25, 2010 05:38AM
That is an evasive non-answer, Herb. I am genuinely curious how the band will shape up.

I've got to make a serious choice to come back early from a backpacking trip to see the Sunday sets. Is it going to be worth it?
July 25, 2010 08:29AM
How about, I wouldn't consider playing a 'farians show not including both the original bass/lead singer and drums/lead singer. To me, that would no longer be the Rastafarians band. You're not gonna get all the original members together (Tony is in JA for example), but when you have the original songs by the original singers/songwriters who also comprise one of the wikkedest riddim sections of its time, then imho you have all that you need..
July 25, 2010 02:29PM
Jahsprey
That is an evasive non-answer, Herb. I am genuinely curious how the band will shape up.

Nah - that's what's known as a "teaser". Wish i could be there more than you know, Herb mi bredren. I know it'll be historic.
bless,
Evan
July 25, 2010 02:42PM
It does seem like a performance which should be preserved on videotape. Hmm.....

Love that reggae!
July 25, 2010 04:29PM
mtn roots--i don't understand your typing "of your love..." were you trying for the lyrics, which are actually "up yonder..."?

when jah roll is called up yonder i'll be there. beautiful lyrics throughout this LP.

herb, you know how i feel about this group, and i would surely like to be there and experience this reuniting, but unfortunately i will miss out.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
July 25, 2010 05:33PM
truly a foundation muzic much loved here in london ,even up to a few weeks back ,ah man ask about this tune ,nuff respect bro Herb every time
July 25, 2010 07:57PM
Mosquito Killer,

I am sorry you right, I've mistunderstood the lyric, it's still a great song. I wasn't quoting the line from my copy of the LP, from memory obviously flawed.
July 26, 2010 04:30AM
can't travel right now but I'll be deh in spirit so please
"Keep the boogie going ... all night long"
July 26, 2010 04:42PM
Is the line up legit so far? I might make a move on the place Friday or Saturday, maybe Sunday, but only for a day.
July 27, 2010 04:25AM
I can only speak for two of the Sunday acts: this one and Queen Makedah and the Sheba Warriors. Contact MBRF about any of the rest of them.
July 27, 2010 09:14AM
Sly & Robbie confirmed.
AJ
August 02, 2010 11:53PM
So...
how was the Rastafarian's set?
August 03, 2010 12:11AM
I heard from Tuviel that it was really good, deep groove roots. And our man Herb plays lead guitar.

Love that reggae!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login