Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1/2 the Dudas nah been told

Posted by Peacemakeya 
1/2 the Dudas nah been told
July 12, 2010 02:23PM
so -> because the shitstem is always fair; the good guys always win & our rulers really
do take care of our best interests - it logically follows that there must soon be
martial law, murder & mayhem in Switzerland.
---------
AP) – It's over: The Swiss government declared Roman Polanski a free man today after rejecting a US request to extradite him on a charge of having sex in 1977 with a 13-year-old girl. The Swiss blamed US authorities for failing to provide confidential testimony about Polanski's sentencing procedure in 1977-1978. The Justice Ministry also said that national interests were taken into consideration in the decision.

"The 76-year-old French-Polish film director Roman Polanski will not be extradited to the USA," the ministry said in a statement. "The freedom-restricting measures against him have been revoked." It was unclear if Polanski had already left his Swiss chalet in the resort of Gstaad, where he has been held under house arrest since December.
Re: 1/2 the Dudas nah been told
July 12, 2010 03:57PM
what does this have to do with Dudus? Dudus was a gun runner and drug dealer who used his wealth to further his own goals and sustain parts of JA's poor population? His actions have international implications between Nation States. Roman Polanski might have molested a 13 year old almost 40 years ago. The Swiss didn't give in because they didn't need to. In JA what choice did they have? The political pressure is immense and as soon as the travel warning came down a lot of people with investments in JA were losing money hand over fist. If your point is that life is not fair then I agree. I just don't see the similarity between these cases but am open to exploring it further.
July 12, 2010 05:18PM
seems there have been a bunch of people signing up for the forum just to talk nonsensically.....

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
July 12, 2010 05:38PM
apparently.....I think the 70 plus human beings (women, children and old folks included) who died down in TG so Dudas could stay free and run around in a woman's wig for a few extra weeks may disagree that he and Roman on on par.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2010 05:39PM by Ninja.
July 13, 2010 11:30PM
contentious issue yes - but not intending to stir up no hornet's nest. I feel the media ain't
telling the whole story. I don't pretend to know all of wha'gwan. Its been more than a
few years since I trod thru TG but I notice a few things. Dudas don't fit the stereotype of
the don. He don't flashy, he don't move with an entourage, he is a family man & he
is a known peacemaker. I would like to see some real investigative journalism written
about these events. Journalism in the vein of the movie 'Life & Debt' & the book 'Economic
Hit Men' by Perkins. Like JFK, Dudas inherit a very dodgy family business. Is it possible
he was trying to do the best of a bad situation and use his inheritance to try and help the
people? Yes - some real journalism is a rare thing and these recent events call for it.

RE: Roman Polanski evading extradition to the USA & buying his way off the charge in
Switzerland. Of course its a different thing than the Dudas extradtion but in my opinion
anyone who violates a 13 year old child - no matter that it was 40 years ago - still needs
the rod of correction. Polanski is just the tip of the Hollywierd depravity. It wouldn't bother
me to see any of them a**holes face the general prison population. Polanski is a
mediocre over-rated talent too.

Otherwise all u reggae lovers. Enjoy the fest this year and max respect to Warren and all
the SNWMF crew for maintaining the integrity of the reggae - another rare and precious
thing these days.
July 14, 2010 12:47AM
JFK...Dudus...Polanski. Still not sensing the connection.
July 14, 2010 06:51AM
HiGrade1, Yes, there is a unusaul amount of first day posters spewing utter BS on this forum over the last month or two! When people like DonHumboldt show back up things are at a all time low..
July 14, 2010 11:43AM
not sure if you're refering to mi as a 'first day poster' but I've been on this forum since
it began 10 year ago or so - although I haven't said much for a while.

> JFK...Dudus...Polanski. Still not sensing the connection.

JFK & Dudus both inherited a mafia throne. More of the JFK story is known about
how he became more conscious & tried to buck Darth Vader & the bwoys ... albiet
naivily.

Dudus extradition from Ja. to the USA bloodbath scenario vs. Polanski non-extradition
from Switzerland to the USA scenario is a study in the contrast between those who
hold the blade and those who get the shaft.

Mi simply calling for further investigation before we buy the story from the Gleaner,
the TV talking heads or the incidental tourists who claim they know it all.
July 14, 2010 02:37PM
Peacemakeya
not sure if you're refering to mi as a 'first day poster' but I've been on this forum since
it began 10 year ago or so - although I haven't said much for a while.

> JFK...Dudus...Polanski. Still not sensing the connection.

JFK & Dudus both inherited a mafia throne. More of the JFK story is known about
how he became more conscious & tried to buck Darth Vader & the bwoys ... albiet
naivily.

Dudus extradition from Ja. to the USA bloodbath scenario vs. Polanski non-extradition
from Switzerland to the USA scenario is a study in the contrast between those who
hold the blade and those who get the shaft.

Mi simply calling for further investigation before we buy the story from the Gleaner,
the TV talking heads or the incidental tourists who claim they know it all.

Good points sir, and I would point out what a damning indictment of the political class of Jamaica that alla' dem make
this drug/gun/garrison Don look GOOD AND VIRTUOUS by comparison.

AND WHO WOULD EVER IMAGINE THE HEAD OF THE JLP PARTY WOULD NOT BE WELCOME
IN TIVOLI GARDENS??!!?? Really weird, me bredrin...
July 14, 2010 03:41PM
what I am most interested is why the change of heart from Mr. Bruce? I was down in JA when he signed the extradition that he had fought for so long. What happened to get him to sign?
July 14, 2010 07:16PM
Ninja
what I am most interested is why the change of heart from Mr. Bruce? I was down in JA when he signed the extradition that he had fought for so long. What happened to get him to sign?

I dont recall all the details but its my understanding the US Government put the pressure on business people and the wealthy by limting/denying the approval of visas for these people entering the USA, that and probably other things as well behind the scenes.

Perhaps someone with more details can elaborate, interesting question indeed.
July 14, 2010 07:40PM
its simple really: never trust a politician

one
jb
July 14, 2010 08:52PM
Just wanted to mention, so that people aren't suspicious about his intentions with this thread - I actually know Peacemakeya - he's a long time elder on the scene with links to certain vintage roots artists like Yabby You, Ras Michael, Spear etc.

We probably 1st met sometime in around '81 or so (!)

With all respect to Peacemakeya, I didn't personally get the connection between Dudus, Polanski aside from the fact their stories both involved an extradition request by the USA, but I get the point there's a whole lot of strange stuff that goes on in the World.

@Ninja - What made Golding's position untenable and caused him to sign was when the news broke about Golding and the JLP hiring a US law/PR firm to lobby the US Government against the Dudus extradition request

[en.wikipedia.org]

Manatt, Phelps & Phillips and Christopher "Dudus" Coke extradition request

On Tuesday March 16, 2010, Opposition member Dr. Peter Phillips in a sitting of Parliament made reference to an alleged contractual arrangement between the Government and a United States law firm Manatt, Phelps & Phillips to lobby the US Government on a treaty dispute[4] between the two countries that had arisen as a result of the Jamaican Government refusing to sign an extradition request for Christopher 'Dudus' Coke, who is wanted in the US on charges relating to narcotics, arms and ammunition trafficking.[5] The Golding Administration refused to sign the extradition request on the basis that the evidence was obtained contrary to Jamaican laws. Mr. Golding denied claims that Manatt, Phelps & Phillips was contracted to represent the Jamaican Government.[6]
Golding with the President of Brazil, Lula da Silva.

A US Justice Department filing under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) showed that Manatt, Phelps & Phillips had secured a contract worth US $400,000 to represent the Jamaican government in the treaty dispute.[7][8] Karl Samuda, Minister of Industry, Investment & Commerce , made a statement in which he noted that unnamed members of the Jamaica Labour Party had approached Harold Brady, to see whether, through his wide network of international contacts, he could assist in facilitating the opening of discussions between the US Authorities and the Government of Jamaica, and thereby, seek to resolve what had become a treaty dispute between the US and Jamaica.[9] In a statement made by Mr. Golding on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 in Parliament, he revealed that he had sanctioned the initiative to lobby the US Government but that the initiative was to be undertaken by the Jamaica Labour Party and not on behalf of the Jamaican Government.[10][11]

Following his revelation, the Opposition People's National Party, its youth arm the PNPYO, and the National Democratic Movement have called for his resignation as Prime Minister.[12] Manatt, Phelps & Phillips maintains that they were contracted on behalf of the Jamaican Government through Harold C.W. Brady of Brady and Co and have since severed ties with the Jamaican Government.[13]

On Monday May 17, 2010 in a televised address to the nation,[14] Prime Minister Bruce Golding apologized to the Jamaican people for his involvement in the Manatt affair. He stated that in a meeting of the party executive he was prepared to step aside as Prime Minister and leader of the Party. The executive rejected his offer and reassured their support for his role as party leader and Prime Minister. In his statement he outlined new measures including, assigning some of his portfolio responsibilities to other government Ministers, and a renewed thrust to enact legislation for: the impeachment of parliamentary members, term limits for the Office of Prime Minister and political party finance reform.[15] He also confirmed that Attorney General and Minister of Justice Dorothy Lightbourne will sign the authorization for the US authorities to commence the extradition case against Christopher Coke.[16]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2010 08:58PM by FLEXIMIX.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login