Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

King Kong-He Was a Friend REISSUED on 12"!!!!

Posted by Stevo 
King Kong-He Was a Friend REISSUED on 12"!!!!
February 12, 2010 10:52PM
OUT & SHIPPING NOW!

CONCIOUS MUSIC 12" DISCO 45

DKR-006

King Kong - He Was a Friend / Dub // Try Not I / Dub

High quality US pressing.

One of the baddest double-sided late 80s digital twelve-inches from one of our favorite singers, now back on road! King Kong self-produced and released this disco in the UK, with "He Was a Friend" also coming out on seven-inch in JA on the Jah All Mighty label. "He Was a Friend" is an awesome far-east tinged riddim, the lyrics a tribute to the late great Tenor Saw, a spar and friend of King Kong. "Try Not I" is pure sound killing style, over a spare but heavy and menacing riddim.

FOR PICTURES & SOUND SAMPLES, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
[digikillerrecords.blogspot.com]

FOR WHOLESALE ORDERING INFORMATION, please email digikillerrecords at gmail dot com. For retail/individual sales, please visit any of the online shops linked on our website.

Thanks for your support!

Many more releases coming this year!

-DKR CREW

DUB IS TOO DREAD FOR WORDS.... binghi2digi
Re: King Kong-He Was a Friend REISSUED on 12"!!!!
February 12, 2010 10:54PM
hey stevo thanks for the heads up, why is this a "US" pressing? is that a typo and you meant "UK"? i would think so if its dougie and crew?

great track, gotta agree.

one love
jah bill
February 12, 2010 10:56PM

digikiller are some brooklyn guys getting digital reissues done. they get tunes from wherever (masters) and press & distribute here.

me and carter ran into these guys once in a ny basement, all hustling for treasure...

--
February 13, 2010 01:34AM
ah thanks so nice, i now notice its not dougie conscious at all. lame. me, not the tune.

one love
jah bill
February 13, 2010 01:46AM
Hey Solid~>
what ever happend with your "SOLID ROOTS" re-press/re-issues ??? was really looking forward for more of em* ~> i also remember you working on some thing called "DIGITAL RAM" ~>??~> Jus wondering...

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
February 13, 2010 01:48AM
not available thru ernie b... will it be soon?

Respect Same Way
February 13, 2010 01:52AM
not available thru any of the listed us retailers... anybody have this yet?

Respect Same Way
February 13, 2010 02:04AM

ernie has been a little slow on these but he'll have them

dub vendor has a placeholder up for pre-orders

@ juan, there's more i could do.. never got the master for the cut i was eyeing for the first digital ram single. still have the labels made though..

was just thinking today about looking at my old stampers. i don't know, just started working again, we'll see..

thanks for asking though man

--
February 13, 2010 02:17AM
So Nice: let me know if those pressings ever get done

Respect Same Way
February 13, 2010 02:37AM
Hey guys, this is a collaboration re from Digikiller/Honest Jons. It seems HJ will be heading the Euro dist while DK will handle US. Or something to that effect. Seems the collaboration is for distribution purposes mostly. This info is 2 days old so soon come. Please check the B-side people. "Try Not I" is.... RRRUUUFFFFFF!!!!!!!

February 13, 2010 02:44AM
Great thing about this too is the OG label art much like DK's other releases and the Dub Store releases outa Jah-pan.

February 13, 2010 03:07AM
i'm not all that often interested in a digi production but that's a pretty nice one Stevo - i think i may even like the B-side better, although both cuts sound good.
BMC
February 13, 2010 08:45AM
Digikiller's releases so far are:

001 - White Mice/Nitty Gritty - No Competition/One Auntie Lulu 12" (Crat Productions)
002 - Pad Anthony - Rock On/We Rule Things 12" (Crat Productions)
003 - Freddie McKay/Naggo Morris - Take My Hand Oh Jah/You Want To Get I Out 12" (Yah Congo)
004 - Philip Myers - Getho Struggle 7" (Junior Militant)
005 - unreleased
006 - King Kong - He Was a Friend/Try Not I 12" (Concious Music)
007 - Scion Success/Madoo - Settle Them A Settle/Lose Respect 12" (14 Karat)
008 - Kevin 'Skie' Warrington/Mikey Jarrett/Satta George - It a Road Block/Vicey Verse/Watch the Woman Them a Fight Fe Man 12" (14 Karat)

I didn't get the Crat releases, but will be getting the others. Especially love the 14 Karat tracks.
February 13, 2010 06:12PM
Dayng Kong is bad! I hadnt really heard much of him before. He was slated to play at our ski resort last year! Bummer it didnt happen.

~HIGHEST HEIGHTZ EVERY TIME~
February 13, 2010 06:19PM
King Kong is the man... Forward for SNWMF!!!

"Trouble Again and the world is getting nervous..."

Respect Same Way
February 13, 2010 06:38PM
003 - Freddie McKay/Naggo Morris - Take My Hand Oh Jah/You Want To Get I Out 12" (Yah Congo)

this 12'' is so ruff....been in rotation for years...reissues about 6months ago...big tunes
February 13, 2010 07:05PM
Long time I big up King Kong! Long overdue @ SNWMF! Him & Tenor Saw were bredren & it shows in their singjay styles, which fed off one another. KK could've made it as a pure singer, as is evident in the heartical "He Was a Friend", but it's his singjay flow that gets me every time.
BMC
February 13, 2010 07:07PM
Yeah, the McKay/Morris 12 seems to be really good. I only heard samples so far, which did impress me. Will be receiving a test-copy from one of the Digikiller guys as a return for helping him out with a tune some time ago, so soon I'll be able to spin it myself in full too.

Have the 14 Karat's, Philip Myers and King Kong on order from Honest Jon's.

The King Kong I ordered is Honest Jon's own repress, on Dug Out label, not the Digikiller one.
February 13, 2010 07:09PM
King Kong inna da Dancehall would be perfect, please?
BMC
February 19, 2010 05:11PM
> Have the 14 Karat's, Philip Myers and King Kong on order from Honest Jon's.

Just got the parcel in today, highly recommended pieces of vinyl. Big tunes, excellent sound and pressing quality. Definitely prefer the b-side of the King Kong, Try Not I, over the a-side, which is nice too though. The 14 Karat tracks are a real nice set in mid-80s style and the Philip Myers is a truely wicked digital tune. Well pleased with the sounds! Big up Digikiller and Honest Jon's. Keep 'm coming!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login