Re: Million Stylez Live in Santa Rosa, CA on Aug.12th
August 05, 2009 03:59AM
rise to the top!

August 06, 2009 06:51PM
once again!

August 08, 2009 04:40PM
anyone interested in dubs? session going down in Sebastopol before the show.

August 08, 2009 05:05PM
natural worx... shoot me an email with more info at tahoearmada@gmail.com

Respect Same Way
August 11, 2009 11:01PM
Give thanks Jac for the promo last nite at Edutainment! Hope all goes well with the move to Hopmonk.

August 13, 2009 07:48PM
Big show last night. i really enjoy that venue. full of flavor.

i saw Irie Dole and Stevo from comanche in the building

had a good time. might post some video action later!
August 13, 2009 11:01PM
Some vids would be irie my brother. I'm glad to hear you had a good time Rahrah. It seemed like the crowd was feeling the vibes and Milli done the place last night for real!!! Make sure to come and check out Tanya Stephens at the same venue on the 4th of September. Promo stuff soon come...

August 14, 2009 12:25AM

i have never seen Tanya before so i might have to travel out for that one.

Big UP

August 14, 2009 12:28AM
OMG - that little demon is back! She's right in the middle, holding up some kind of a sign of the cobra or something - look out, she's dangerous!
August 14, 2009 01:32AM
I hope they get some lights in there before the Tanya show.

Ever Forward
Empress
August 14, 2009 01:40AM
SJB, be nice. Gremlins don't fancy being called demons.

August 14, 2009 06:28PM
great show. But it reminded me of the lights in my eyes at RR. It seemed the lasers were always blinding me. I don't know what u do about that one. Quit blinding me I'm trying to see the show. What was that arguement about? Dibbi Dibbbi sound Boy? Maybe u don't want to post it. could u email me about it. Maybe it's none of my business but it was quite disturbing.
August 14, 2009 09:34PM
The lasers have been moved to a different location so that they are not facing the crowd. Thanks randomguy2u for your input. What kind of lights are you suggesting Empress? We want to make sure everyone enjoys the fullness of Tanya's performance on Sept 4th.

August 15, 2009 04:53AM
NW, I don't really know since I've never been to the venue. I just noticed in the video that Rahrah posted that, umm, it was so dark I had no idea what I was looking at. Many sound companies have some small scale lighting options that would certainly help. "Lighting cans" on tripods are what we used when I to work for a small sound company here locally. They usually come with 6 or 8 lights on them that you can change out the lens to whatever colors you desire. They are really cheap (comparatively) to rent, only around $100-$150 a night and it would really help in this case, based on the video that I saw.

Ever Forward
Empress
August 15, 2009 04:56AM
Oh, and you can set them to run with the bass or snare or whatever so you don't actually need to have a lighting tech running the board or a soundman trying to do both. An easy alternative in venues are not built for stageshows that is also easy on the pocketbook.

Post Edited (08-14-09 21:59)

Ever Forward
Empress
August 16, 2009 12:25AM
Empress it wasn't dark at all. About 75% of other clubs and venues that I have been to were darker. I could see everybody just fine.....except when I was blinded by the lasers. I don't know what gave u the impression that it was dark. If u saw a video it must have been the camera.
August 16, 2009 09:01PM
I've explained lighting options to these knuckleheads repeatedly,and they just don't seem to get the message.They have a habit of paying the artists WAY too much and then they have no money for anything else (including paying me properly for engineering multiple shows!!) The problem here is that 'naturalworx' is a novice dj/clueless promoter/compulsive bullshitter who spends most of the time leading up to and during the show attempting to promote his 'sound' while I do all the work,and the venue puts up the money. So,from this I'll bet one could easily guess what the 'argument' was about...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login